Tuesday, 12 June 2007

So ive been in hiatus

Well I've had a bit of a break from blogging not for any reason and not because I haven't had things to write mainly because I have been just trying to work things out and let these new meds level me out. They appear to be doing the trick I started taking them exactly 12 days ago on the 1st of June and was wary because I had been warned by the doc that they would take 2 – 3 weeks to kick in well I don't know whether it was the placebo effect or the tablets but they appeared to make me feel better after taking just two tablets which I was complaining about. I started then on the Friday before my mum's birthday (recap I hadn't spoken to her in a while, for various reason's so I was slightly anxious) and the bbq was being held on the Saturday night my doc had told me drinking wasn't a good idea on these new meds but I had been forewarned that the bbq was going to be entertaining a good proportion of my family ;o

Well if you knew my family you'd get drunk….

So Saturday evening arrives I'm two days into my meds and I get to the party and proceed to drink I actually started on G & T which isn't a good sign by all accounts I really went fot it and have very little recollection of the evening from about 21:30 ish onwards ( I didn't get there until 19:30(I know its not big and its not clever but its done now ;( ) ) anywho I had a really good night I wake up on Sunday Morning not entirely sure where I am other than the fact that I'm naked and I roll over and one of my mum's friends smiles back at me ;o

(hence some of the reason for the hiatus I have been deciding whether to post this or not)

So we enjoyed each others company for a couple of hours got up and me still very drunk fell asleep on her sofa and woke up part of the way through POC 2 well waking upto Johnny Depp not many women would complain so she drops me off back at mine at about 16 – 17:00 ish and that's that until I get an email from her asking how I am I had basically spent the rest of Sunday and bank holiday Monday recovering on the Tuesday I'm back at work and all is well the tablets appear to be working well even though I had got drunk I did have a weird day on Thursday where I felt angry for most of the day for no apparent reason but the next day was fine then on the Friday my Mum's friend "T" asked if she could see me and she arranged to pick me up and she would cook for me which on the Saturday we proceeded to do and then I came home on the Sunday and have been generally getting used to life on the meds which is pleasant because I feel very different some days tired and the past couple of days slightly nauseous but if the long term benefits are to feel as less anxious as I have been feeling and not have the dark days anymore I have dark patches still but not dark days anymore and I know its till early days but I hope things continue to get better as they are doing…

As for "T" well I don't know where I am there or what I am actually doing or why she seems keen I think but I really should have told her where my head was at and about the meds and guess what I didn't well we shall see how the meds hold out an where we end up but I might be posting a little more often now I have this one out ;)

1 comment:

sophie said...

Glad to hear the meds are working. Having been through some changes in my own psych meds fairly recently, I know how that can be.